If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
VivianC25
Students

GMAT 710 PhD 6-7 yrs work experience, where do I stand?

by VivianC25 Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:29 pm

BS in China, graduated in 2007
PhD in US, graduated in 2012
Chemistry major, started as technical role in the 1st company and moving towards more business role in my 2nd and currently 3rd job. Worked in both China (3 yrs) and US (3-4 yrs), in total 6-7 years of work experience after graduated from graduate school.
GMAT 710 (38V, 49Q, 5AWA, 4IR), I'm thinking about retaking it.

For full time MBA, could you please give me some advice about which ranking of MBA school can I shoot for in the US? M7 or Top 16? Just started to look for which school to apply. Not sure where I stand comparing to other applicants... Don't want to shoot too high or too low. Thank you!
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: GMAT 710 PhD 6-7 yrs work experience, where do I stand?

by mbamissionjenK Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:27 pm

Hi there,
It's tough to assess with the limited info we have here; would be great to know more about the nature of your work and leadership and management experiences etc, not to mention other factors such as your community involvement and career goals etc. For now I'll just say that M7 is likely tough, so if you applied to any of those maybe just 1 as a reach option. But others in the top 20-25 should be better candidate schools. For a more thorough assessment, feel free to sign up for a complimentary 30 minute consultation at your convenience, www.mbamission.com/consult.

Take care!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php