The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
roshan.gandhi
Students

GMAT 700 Q 50 V 34 -Disappointed with Verbal Score

by roshan.gandhi Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:07 am

Recently, I appeared for GMAT after months of preparation. It was not continous thoug, was on it on and off. Finsihed with Score of 700 ( V34 & Q 50).

I am disappointed with my verbal scores, I came under time pressure in last 10 mins and went blank for almost 2-3 mins not knowing what to do with RC paragraph. In GMAT prep test I always averaged between 34-38 and wanted to hit the higher limit of my range and get a score of 730/40, but ended up touching the lower limit.

I completed my 2 year full time MBA in 2004 and have 7 years of experience. I want to go for second MBA to gain international exposure ( 1 year courses primarlily).

As my Verbal score is only 68% , and my target is top ranked Business School such as LBS, Insead. Is this score good enough considering my experience.

At INSEAD they discourage applicants who have less than 70-75 in any section. Is the case with other Top Business schools also.

I put in lot of effort to improve my Verbal Score and disappointed with the score.