If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
AndrewD324
Course Students

Gmat 670 - 43Q, 39V Retake?

by AndrewD324 Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:44 pm

Hi there! I recently took the GMAT exam, and I scored a 670 with a 43Q and 39V. Leading up to the exam, I probably did not study as much as I could have, but in my MGMAT online CATs, my scores were always either 640 or 650 and the 43 is my highest quant score to date.

I'm not looking to go to a Top 10 school, but I would like to go to a well-respected, competitive school. Some options I'm looking in to are Baylor University, Indiana University, University of Missouri, Columbia and Purdue University. I have researched all the schools, and my score exceeds all of their GMAT averages, but I am hoping to get funding for my MBA. Do you think I should retake my exam and try to improve my score? Or do you think that my score would be sufficient for these programs?

Thanks!
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Gmat 670 - 43Q, 39V Retake?

by mbamissionjenK Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:27 pm

Hi there,

Well it does sound like, if all else is strong on your profile (since the GMAT is not everything!! ;) ), that you would be positioned well for the schools mentioned (though did you mean Columbia U in NY or something else??? that would be an exception?). As for getting funding if you mean merit scholarships, those ARE reserved for very strong/exceptional candidates so in that case you may wish to try again, but up to you! There is a new GMAT policy now whereby you can view your score before you decide to keep or cancel it, and if you cancel it is no longer reported... so you can keep that in mind if it makes an impact on your decision. Good luck !
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php