The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
abhikshar
Students

GMAT 650: Q 49 V 29: Feedback Required.

by abhikshar Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:37 am

Hi,

I gave my GMAT exam on 13th Dec. I scored 650 on the real test and the score is below my expectations. I will be giving the test again within next few months and will start my prep. next week. I wanted to know where i made the mistake so that i can improve and perform well the next time.

Manhattan Scores( Gave all exam under actual condition with AWA ):

Free test Manhattan : 650

Test 1: 740 q 50 V 41
Test 2: 740 q 51 v 40
Test 3: 720 q 50 V 38
Test 4: 720 q 50 v 38
Test 5: 740 q 51 V 40

GMAT Prep Score( Gave all exam under actual condition with AWA ):
Prep 1: 750 Q 49 V 42
Prep 2 : 680 q 48 v ?? ( a day before the test, i think that was my biggest mistake. Completed Maths section in 40 mins as i wanted to pick up the pace and Verbal with 10 mins time left)

Princeton Review test: ( Gave all exam under actual condition with AWA )
PR1 : 670
Pr2: 700
Pr3: 670

Since i knew some of the question from the free practise test, i thought my score was little bit inflated in Manhattan test. But Manhattan test were assumed to be tougher than Real GMAT and hence i thought i could have cracked the test.I had been seriously preparing for the last 5 months and had given everything up for the test.I let go my social life for all of these months.

Exam Scenario:

While giving the exam , i had a feeling that i wanted to get over with it. My AWA went fine(felt second AWA could have been better). But the real problem started when i started doing the Maths section. I did not wanted to handle tough questions. I guesssed most of the tough ones which was quite unusual for me since i took great pleasure in solving toughies. I had reviewed every question in my practise test as well and enjoyed working on getting the toughies which i had got wrong earlier in Test. But in the real exam , i just wanted to guess them and move on. After that, when i started the Verbal section , i could not concentrate. Everything seemes as frozen in front of me and i could even feel my heart beat. I just wanted to get over with the test. I could not even tell that if the question i was facing in the test were difficult or easy. I just went with the flow and wanted this GMAT journey to end.When the test got over i was handed 650. I could not blame myself because i knew i had given my all and i knew that it was not the true reflection of my potential.

Please can you advise where i had gone wrong. Some people, who know me personally and who had given GMAT earlier, told me that i have overexhausted myself. This exam is really important for me because of some personal matters and there is enough motivation for me to try again. I just wanted to know where i made mistake last time so that i can improve myself.
Thanks for your help in advance.

Material Used:
OG 10, OG 11, OG 12
Manhattna Entire Set: except Critical reasoning book
Kaplan Verbal and Maths
Powerscore CR bible
Priceton Guide
Gave 3-4 other tests in the beginning of my prep from diff. GMAT institutes.
riggs.goodman
Course Students

Re: GMAT 650: Q 49 V 29: Feedback Required.

by riggs.goodman Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:52 pm

Took the GMAT on Wednesday and had the same feeling. I couldn't tell if the Verbal questions were easy or hard. They all seemed the same difficulty and I was struggling. Ended up getting a 31 on verbal and 50 on quat, about the same as you. I think I got burned out for it being such a long stressful test.
ashim.seth
Students

Re: GMAT 650: Q 49 V 29: Feedback Required.

by ashim.seth Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:42 am

Hi Guys,
Sailing in the same boat as you are! Took my GMAT second time and scored 670,with 50 in Q and 30 in Verbal.
Am not sure whether to take it again.(Not that 670/650 is less, but I think my verbal might be a little too much on the lower side.).

What do you guys think?