Experiencing a writing block? Why don't you try clearing it up in here!
dhara
Students

Getting AWA reviewed

by dhara Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:11 pm

Hi,
I have purchased the online GMAT tests. I want to know whether review of the AWA section is also included in the contract or not? If not, then from whom can we get it reviewed?
george.kourdin
Course Students

Re: Getting AWA reviewed

by george.kourdin Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:33 am

i can do it. my credentials are a 6.0 in AWA (this seems to be the only thing that i am not terrible at.....if you can't tell, i am obv retaking the test) and thats about it......I tutored undergrads in college and was told that i am decent at bsing/playing devil's advocate - which is really what this section is about.

i accept payments in the form of:
- helping me move in a week or helping me find an apt
- drinks
- a signed petition to HBS to accept me
- a signed petition to the u.s. government to grant me a green card
- home-cooked food
- smiles
- a chicken breast dipped in a gallon of milk, packaged in a box and mailed to Ron Purewal's or Tim Sander's home
-
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Getting AWA reviewed

by StaceyKoprince Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:02 pm

I don't get that last reference. :)

We do not review the essays, no. You can post them here and hope that other community members respond.

Also, if you're in our class, you'll have an opportunity to get essays graded and get written feedback during the course (after class 6). Finally, you can get essays graded by GMAT Write (the official essay grading service from the makers of the exam) - they'll both grade the essays and provide feedback as to how to improve (for a fee). For details and pricing, go to www.mba.com and search for GMAT Write.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep