The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
arekgalat
Students

From 690 to 490 … what happened !?

by arekgalat Thu May 12, 2011 7:19 am

I know that I screwed completely this test. However I’m still shocked how bad it is. Previously I scored 560 and I knew that I could do much better. My target was at least 660. My average scores of my prep tests (on MGMAT) were around 670. Just one day before d-day I did 690 with 81% quant and 83% verbal MGMAT test. Generally speaking in verbal I was quite confident but in quant I felt that I could do at least 75%.
And then 490 ! It’s like going back to the starting point.
I used OG 12th, MGMAT study books.
I am very much tempted to retake this test but before doing so I need to improve.
Please guys your inputs and advices will be very welcome.

By the way have you any idea whether scoring worse than previous time can have some negative impact on my candidature for MBA even if I will score much better next time ?

Cheers
arekgalat
Students

Re: From 690 to 490 … what happened !?

by arekgalat Thu May 12, 2011 7:44 am

Just for your information
I had 43% in quant and 23% in verbal. What is strange is that at previous official test I did 73% in verbal!
greystealth
Course Students

by greystealth Thu May 19, 2011 2:34 am

My best guess is test anxiety which possibly lead to carelessness.

Either that, or you had a lot on your mind on test day and were being careless due to that. It's hard for us to analyze your situation since we don't have much background information about you.
arekgalat
Students

by arekgalat Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:12 pm

What can I say more about my profile ?
I have more literate background however I was doing quite well in quant even better than in verbal. Nevertheless it is also true that I do some silly mistakes in calculations. So you’re probably right it might be due to the careless. The problem is that I do not have a clue how to resolve the problem.
At home I score quite well and on D-day ....
messi10
Course Students

by messi10 Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:31 pm

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your score.

The only things I can say from the information that you have provided is that you may have suffered from some exhaustion during the exam. Taking a practice test a day before the actual test is not a good idea.

I suggest you clear your head, give another MGMAT practice exam with a fresh mind and generate an assessment report to see where you stand. Make sure you give the test under real conditions (including AWA) and then see what you get.

Do not get disheartened, if you have done well in practice you can do much better on the real thing too.

Regards

Sunil

PS: Most schools take your best score into account