The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
kumartanmaymb0010
Forum Guests

From 660 in first attempt to 610 in 3rd. What shall I do?

by kumartanmaymb0010 Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:42 pm

I took my 3rd attempt at GMAT on 12th July. The result was devastating. I scored a mere 610 with 45 in quants and 28 in verbal and 7 in IR. My first take of GMAT was on Sep 2013 and I scored 660 with 49 in quants and 31 in verbal. Then, in my second attempt on Nov 13, I scored 630 with 47 in quants and 30 in Verbal.
I was targeting 700+ through all this time and that's why I took a gap of almost 8 months from my previous GMAT attempt. I took the MGMAT tests and except one test never scored this poor. During my MGMAT tests my score in verbal was in a range of 28 to 36. During the repeat tests the score varied from 34 to 41. I was high on expectations and confident to score high. BUt the score in quants declined and score in verbal broke everything. As the result came through, it was hard to believe.
Presently, I have lost all hopes of improvement. All these days of practice went in vein. Right now, I am hopeless with the idea of next attempt. As I have to apply for the autumn 2015 session, I am running out time. During my practice, I have utilized all the official GMAT resources, the MGMAT test series, the GMAT prep tests and SC and CR guide from MGMAT. And thus, I have not left with much GMAT question banks and resources.
I have lost confidence for any improvement in score and am in serious need to share this with you guys. I will be applying and targeting tier B schools anyway with my first score. But I needed advise that is there remain a chance for improvement? What shall I do?