Questions about the world of GMAT Math from other sources and general math related questions.
DominiqueC140
Course Students

FDP Guide 1 Ed. 6

by DominiqueC140 Fri May 15, 2015 1:28 pm

Hi,

I am a bit confused by the test cases chapter in this guide. The question on page 39 is asking for the units digit of x. I understand that the units digit is the first digit to the left of a decimal point. The charts on the following pages, however, refer to the tens digit instead. For example, 45/10=4.5 the chart says the units digit is 5. Can someone please make sense of this for me if I am understanding this wrong?

Thank you
RonPurewal
Students

Re: FDP Guide 1 Ed. 6

by RonPurewal Mon May 18, 2015 5:44 am

hi, welcome to the forum, but please read the forum rules before posting!

• this post is in the wrong folder. there are two folders for MPrep material, one for CAT exam problems and one for everything else of ours. this one belongs in the latter of these places.

• per the forum rules-- when you re-post your query, please provide a COMPLETE transcription of the problem, exactly as it appears in the original source.

thank you!
RonPurewal
Students

Re: FDP Guide 1 Ed. 6

by RonPurewal Mon May 18, 2015 5:46 am

incidentally, it's possible that the problem is asking for the units digit of the number before you divide it by 10; you should double-check this.

... but, it's impossible to tell without the original problem.

... which is why the forum rules require a complete transcription of the original. (: