Verbal question you found somewhere else? General issue with idioms or grammar? Random verbal question? These questions belong here.
MdAbuAsad
Course Students

Experimental question in real exam

by MdAbuAsad Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:13 pm

Hi Ron,
It's sure that some experimental question comes to the real GMAT exam. I've a specific question about Reading Comprehension Experimental Question. It seems that there are 4 passage takes place in the RC part of the exam. My question: when Experimental questions comes in RC, is it randomly comes from all the passages? I mean: if 4 experimental questions comes, are those questions from just one passage? or, are they randomly come from all passage?

Q#2:
Are all sections (eg., SC, CR, DS, PS, RC, IR) designed with experimental questions?

also, what's your suggestion about these experimental questions? Can we guess these experimental questions in the exam hall?
Thanks Ron...
“The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained in sudden flight but, they while their companions slept, they were toiling upwards in the night.”
― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
RonPurewal
Students

Re: Experimental question in real exam

by RonPurewal Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:37 am

IR doesn't have experimental questions, because the entire IR section itself is "experimental". (it's not 5 years old yet, so, it's too "young" to have the required amount of statistical validity/consistency.)
this is why IR isn't part of the 200-800 score (...and also why it's not nearly as important in admissions as the 200-800 score).

the other sections all have experimental problems, and there is absolutely no way you will ever be able to determine which ones they are.
RonPurewal
Students

Re: Experimental question in real exam

by RonPurewal Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:38 am

iMyself Wrote: My question: when Experimental questions comes in RC, is it randomly comes from all the passages? I mean: if 4 experimental questions comes, are those questions from just one passage? or, are they randomly come from all passage?

^^ if you get "experimental" RC problems, then an entire passage -- along with ALL the questions that accompany it -- will be "experimental".

...again, this isn't worth worrying about, because there is no practical way to determine when this happens.

Can we guess these experimental questions in the exam hall?

^^ no chance at all.