Share your thoughts, experiences, and suggestions regarding your ManhattanGMAT course and curriculum.
extrapages
Course Students

Everything you need, Manhattan GMAT has.

by extrapages Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:17 am

Manhattan GMAT gives you EVERYTHING you could possibly need to get a 700+. I went from a 530 to a 750 in just two months, and I used nothing but Manhattan GMAT resources. Granted, I did nothing but study all day because I was lucky enough to be in a position where I didn't have to work... but let me tell you, I made sure I got my money's worth, I put in effort, and I got a score much higher than my goal of 700.

1. Attended every class
2. Saw every prerecorded class
3. Followed the curriculum like my life depended on it
4. Scheduled office hours every week
5. Went in for study hall/practice test whenever I needed to get out of the house
6. Did the question banks and the foundations homework banks (never even got around to the challenge problems)
7. Horacio's Hot List in the Official Guide Companion (!!!)
8. OG tracker error log excel thing - this was crucial for me. I continued to use it when I was done with the curriculum and solving ALL OG problems.
9. Used that damn stopwatch till the buttons wore down
10. Used the simulation scrap paper booklet all the time - stole a couple pens. sorry. i ran out of ink...
11. Went through the Foundations book
12. Used the AWA coupon
13. Signed up for every Ron's sessions every other Thursday
14. Looked up problems I didn't understand in the forums
15. Drank a lot of the coffee they had set up by the classrooms - because that coffee machine is AWESOME

I know that there are people out there that may not be completely satisfied with Manhattan GMAT - but I honestly believe that it's their own fault for not using all the available resources - especially the online resources and the OG tracker. Short of taking the test for you and studying the material for you - they've given you everything you need (and more).

PS - the forums are kinda slow. that sucks. could be just me? but hey, it works.

Thank you - to my teacher Jen Dziura, my office hours instructors, Ron, Dan and Dan from the recordings, the admin staff there that makes everything work, the janitors, the doorman that sometimes sits by the main entrance downstairs, everyone.