The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
SAHILS228
Students

Epic GMAT fail!! humiliated and shattered

by SAHILS228 Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:25 am

Hi ,
I wrote my test on 30th May, 2018. I got a mere 510. This is the biggest failure of my life. My self confidence has been blown away and I don't have the strength to rise up again after working hard for 7 months. I don't know what to do now. I am targeting MiM programs for this October round 1. I have very less time. My test score was very hard to digest. After seeing the horrible score I cannot even dare to think about going abroad for studies. I think I am too dumb for it. My mock scores are:-
October 28, 2017 - 460(Q 27, V 28) without any studying.
After 4 months of study I gave MGMAT mocks
MGMAT 1 -- 570 (Q39, V30) April 1
MGMAT 2 -- 630 (Q39, V37) after a week
MGMAT 3 -- 540 MGMAT's server crashed for 4 hours after the verbal section. Date-- May 2
MGMAT 4 -- 600(Q36, V36) This time their server crashed again for 3 hours mid test ..I was frustrated as hell. Date-- May 8
MGMAT 5 -- 440(Q26, V28) I gave this test 10 days prior to my actual test in proper test taking conditions. As you can see there was a massive score drop and I got demoralized for 2 days straight. I was shaking and feverish after I saw the score. Still I resumed with my prep coz the date was approaching. I doubt that I didn't train my brain to work in test conditions thus hampering my mental stamina severely.
On the test day, I was not stressed much and I arrived at the center. My center was at Bhubaneswar,India. The testing room was horrible . I was constantly distracted by the footstep sounds because of the wooden staircase and floor of the testing room. The room was quite small and Students were constantly moving in and out during the first half of the test . The constant settling down of other students was a major distraction during the first half of the test. They were constantly opening and closing the doors which made horrible noise and the proctor did nothing to control it. The proctor's mobile also started ringing during my quant section. During the quant section I had to leave my chair to get an extra scratch pad because the proctor wasn't available nearby. Are these things even normal for a test center or is it just this particular one. I tried reporting to GMAC but couldn't reach them . The exam was a total waste of money. After spending a huge amount of money for just one sitting every student has the right to expect good testing conditions but pearson vue india failed to deliver it.
I feel that after working very very hard for months I just don't deserve this score. I feel that my actual ability is much higher than this score. I don't know what to do now. Please help
TreeT618
Forum Guests

Re: Epic GMAT fail!! humiliated and shattered

by TreeT618 Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:29 am

hi there, i understand what you mean. my test center was situated in an office building where the building next door was undergoing construction.
I too couldn't concentrate throughout the whole exam and tanked it...have sent an official complaint email to gmac
Vivian C.F394
Forum Guests

by Vivian C.F394 Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:39 pm

I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. I really enjoyed reading this post. big fan, thank you!
run 3
AvaO656
Forum Guests

by AvaO656 Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:45 am

How?
MilaM875
Forum Guests

by MilaM875 Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:24 am

I want to clear GMAT but don't know-how. Currently, I am working on producing my own music using GarageBand app. I am very good at composing beats and music and Garageband helps me to mix it up with its amazing features. But now I am looking forward to taking the GMAT exam.