The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
durlabhpandey
Forum Guests

Disappointed with my Gmat score

by durlabhpandey Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:00 am

I gave GMAT today and I am very disappointed with my score. My exam started of very well and on quant I scored 42 but I dont know what happened when I started off with the verbal section. I seemed to be a little lost.My score in the verbal section is ridiculous. Its only 16. I am planning to retake the exam in may but I dont know how to plan my studies so that I do well in verbal. Please Advice as to how can I do well on verbal.

Gmat Score: 480
Quant: 42
Verbal: 16
timur.ivannikov
Students

Re: Disappointed with my Gmat score

by timur.ivannikov Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:31 am

Hi,

I think that you can significantly improve your verbal score by first taking a college level English course (3-6 months). I can also recommend reading The Wall Street Journal online or otherwise. Once you're done with the English class, work through Manhattan GMAT verbal guides and continue reading the WSJ or similar.

Please keep in mind that these recommendations are based on very limited information - you may want to ask some of your close friends, colleagues, and people who are studying for GMAT in your area.

Good luck!