Verbal questions from any Manhattan Prep GMAT Computer Adaptive Test. Topic subject should be the first few words of your question.
direstraits007
Students

CR: A confidential survey revealed that 75 percent of

by direstraits007 Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:57 pm

[Deleted because this question is from a banned source - see below. Kaplan does not permit other test prep companies to host or discuss its questions.]

SOURCE: KAPLAN CR TESTS

OA:D.

Well, I didn't find any reason to eliminate B, since workers must be having there own psychological problems due to which they are dissatisfied even if there are no
apparent problems with their working conditions. So answer should be B.

Manhattan staff, please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Thanks.
Thanks!

Re: CR: A confidential survey revealed that 75 percent of

by priyankur.saha Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:36 am

(B) Workers in many companies are dissatisfied although there are no apparent problems with their working conditions.
(D) The reasons given by Company P’s employees for their dissatisfaction varied
greatly from employee to employee.

I also got D. Here is my explanation:
A,C and E are easy to knock out. Between B and D, D is best because D is noway affecting conclusion "employees' dissatisfaction must result from an unusually high incidence of psychological problems on their part". B says that "Workers in many companies are dissatisfied although there are no apparent problems with their working conditions.". Therefore consulting firm was not able to penetrate the original reason for dissatifaction and thus mistakenly attributing "psychological problems" for "dissatisfaction". If B is true, firm's conclusion cannot stand. Hence D is the best choice which has no apparent effect on conclusion.
priyankur.saha

by priyankur.saha Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:41 am

this is funny thing - "Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969"!!

Now I should believe in "metempsychosis"..... :)
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:02 pm

Please read (and follow!) the forum guidelines before posting. Kaplan is a banned source; the company has requested that ManhattanGMAT not host or discuss any of Kaplan's materials. Sorry we can't help you with this one!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep