If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
GauravS135
Students

Chances of admission

by GauravS135 Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:27 am

Hi,

Can you please evaluate my profile and tell me about my chances of getting in the following B-Schools:-

-24 years old male from India

-GMAT- 710

-UG- 3. 5 (Top 10% of the batch)

(Finance and Marketing at top university in the country)

-Have 2 years of work experience in sales department of a pharmaceutical company. (Not very big organisation) Got promoted in 1.5 years and now am responsible for a team of 8 sales employees. Also responsible for the sales of a whole district.

- In the weekends, I handle my own startup (website) which works in the field of fashion. There I handle a team of 15 people.
The startup ties up with fashion boutiques and designers and offers discounts through the website. The startup helps bring online footfall from the websites to stores.

-As a part of NSS throughout my college life, I did social service for 3 years. In the final year, I was appointed as the Vice President (leadership role) of NSS (National Service Scheme) unit of my college.

I have also done diplomas in women empowerment, French (language) and Entrepreneurship along with my college and work life till now.

Also did 2 internship in my college life.

Merit holder throughout School life, Was a School Monitor (Leadership role).

I was also part of an Indo-French Exchange (International Exposure) from my school.

I am planning to apply to :-
1) Harvard
2) Stanford
3) Wharton
4) Columbia
5) Chicago: Booth
6) MIT: Sloan
7) Yale SOM

Can you please evaluate my resume and tell me about my chances. I will be very grateful.
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Chances of admission

by mbamissionjenK Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:32 am

Hi there,

Thanks for posting. Love how you've been promoted so quickly and are already leading teams and getting some management experience at a young age. Also love that you are obviously driven/determined by working on your start-up on the weekends. And you have the service experience as well, plus international experience. Grades & GMAT are respectable.

The one potential concern I could see is just that you have less experience overall than the average accepted applicant; if applying soon (???) you'll need to really aim to show that the QUALITY of your experiences far surpass the quantity of years you have.

You should have strong chances overall at top 15/20 programs; however your school list centers a lot on the top 5-8 or so... while I could see with very strong essays/recs/interview etc, a chance for you there, just keep in mind how competitive admission at those schools is and that it could be a long shot, so keep in mind some options in the 10-25-ish range as well.

Good luck to you!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php