If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
bf

Chances at NYU Langone Program

by bf Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:35 pm

I am a Williams College graduate with 5+ years experience in investment banking.
I was promoted from 3rd yr. analyst to 1st yr. associate at a European Investment Bank and completed the Bank's associate training program at the top of the class with other MBA-level candidates. Prior to that I spent 2 years at a prestigious boutique investment bank as an analyst.
I had a very poor GPA in college (2.6) but had decent grades in my quant classes (3.1). I also played varsity basketball for the 4 years I was there, and interned at First Union (now Wachovia) as a senior.
Currently, I am actively involved with fund-raising for the high school I attended and plan on joining a volunteer program which serves up-and-coming professionals.
What would I need on the GMAT to be competitive at Stern's part-time Langone program, and would you recommend building an alt. transcript or focusing solely on the GMATs? Thanks in advance.
MBAApply

by MBAApply Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:39 am

Langone's middle 80% is 620-730 so you should shoot for the top range of that if you can given your GPA (i.e. high 600s at the minimum and 700+ ideally).

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
www.mbaapply.com
http://mbaapply.blogspot.com