Experiencing a writing block? Why don't you try clearing it up in here!
Yarick

Can't find essay grading in th store

by Yarick Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:47 am

Hi everybody!

Could you help me find the section where I can order my essay grading.
Unfortunately I didn't find it in the MGMAT Store.

Thanks in advance!
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:33 pm

Huh - I can't find it either! I just sent an email off to our student services team to ask what's up. I'll get back to you as soon as I know - you can also call the office or email them yourself. (800.576.GMAT or studentservices@manhattangmat.com)
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:50 pm

Okay, I just talked to student services and they said we DO offer the essay grading service but it's not listed in the store. You have to call or email (contact info in my last post, above) to order it. I believe that the cost is $50 to get one essay of each type graded (2 essays total) - but don't quote me on that. Ask them to make sure.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep
helena_j
Course Students

Re: Can't find essay grading in th store

by helena_j Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:06 am

Do you still have it now? I can't find it either and I can't send a letter to studentservices@manhattangmat.com (all my letters from different e-mails have been returned, I don't know why).
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:24 pm

huh - I've sent an email to ask someone from student services to come in here and answer your question. If you still can't get through via email (and you've done obvious things like check your spelling, etc), you can try sending an email to techsupport@manhattangmat.com. Actually, we'd appreciate that, because if there's a problem, we want to fix it!

You can also call student services at 800.576.GMAT.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep
helena_j
Course Students

by helena_j Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:41 am

Dear Stacey,
I still can't send messages. I called to the tech support, they couldn't help me. I ask the tech support in my office, they told me that the problem is that I write a letter from Russia, and here we usually use the charset koi8-r. And your server just doesn't accept it. It is not easy to change the charset in outgoing messages, as people usually change it for the incoming ones. They even showed me how to change it for the whole Outlook, but it hasn't helped. I still receive the same answer from all your e-mails, including the techsupport@manhattangmat.com:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

techsupport@manhattangmat.com
SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data:
host mail.manhattangmat.com [209.200.118.122]:
554 5.7.1 Delivery not authorized, message refused -- .send report to mailto:postmaster@manhattangmat.com or call 212-721-7400 - Thanks, ManhattanGMAT IT Department (reason:
BombCharset 'koi8-r')

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Maybe you can resend it to them and they can fix it from your side? My e-mail is helena_j@mail.ru. Thank you in advance.
sedla
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by sedla Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:42 am

Hi Helena,

The messages that you are sending are being blocked by our spam filter due to the charset encoding being used in your emails.

I've made some changes that should allow you to resend your email. As per the error message, you can always send to postmaster@manhattangmat.com without the email being blocked.

Thanks,

Sam Edla
ManhattanGMAT
helena_j
Course Students

by helena_j Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:08 am

Hi Sam,
I sent the message and it didn't return!!!
Thank you!

Stacey, thank you for cooperation. :)
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:11 pm

you're welcome! :)
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep