Verbal question you found somewhere else? General issue with idioms or grammar? Random verbal question? These questions belong here.
GauravG842
Course Students

Breaking the V33 barrier

by GauravG842 Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:10 pm

Hi,

I've taken the GMAT twice so far, with ~ 2 months of prep for each, and have not been able to improve my verbal score.

This is surprising because the second time round, I took a MGMAT course and focused a lot more on verbal, but still got a very similar score to the first attempt's (V32->V33). Upon analyzing the CAT exams, I've noticed that I am unable to answer majority of 700-800 level verbal questions correctly (across SC, RC, CR), but perform well on questions at the 600-700 level and below.

I'm planning on retaking the GMAT in ~3 weeks. Could you please provide suggestions on how I should best prepare for the upcoming exam?

Thanks a bunch!
Sage Pearce-Higgins
Forum Guests

Re: Breaking the V33 barrier

by Sage Pearce-Higgins Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:26 am

The key to improving in verbal is to have a solid method. For that reason, I would encourage you to look at questions that you get correct and to analyze how you got to the right answer. When the 600-700 questions are clear and easy, you'll find the 700 + questions much more manageable.