The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
ivorycynia
Course Students

bombed gmat, from 650 gmat prep 1 to 580 actual gmat. HELPP

by ivorycynia Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:21 pm

I wrote the GMAT today although i have been ill all week but that is not the justification for the low score i got. A 580(Q 39, V 31). in my last GMAT prep 1, i got 650. i don't know what happened. i am so depressed. i have to take it again but i don't know where to start from, i have read all the strategy guides, worked through the official guide at least twice and kept an error log. for the past three weeks, i studied for an average of 6-9 hours a day and now i am so exhausted. been crying all day, don't know what to do. i need suggestions, has anyone retaken the test and did better and if so, what strategy. pls help
raydwhite
Students

Re: bombed gmat, from 650 gmat prep 1 to 580 actual gmat. HELPP

by raydwhite Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:02 pm

Is 650 your target score? When did you take the GMAT Prep #1 in relation to the test? What about GMAT Prep #2, how did you do and when did you take it? Are you a native English speaker? What was your undergrad major? During the 3 weeks that you have been studying 6-9 hours per day, what were you doing? What are your weak areas? Are you using any test prep?
shirtless32
Students

by shirtless32 Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:44 am

you are bound to get a loer score when you take a break..
stop crying and throwing a pity party
if you were capable of a 650 teh first time .. you are much more capable of a better score.. pul lup ur scoks and get going.. i am attempting the gmat the third time ..
it s a drag
and i was the same as you wer crying all the time...
when you lead and organisation you cannot cry you have to figure it out ....
so get going
track why you went down.. start again
dont give up
gokyada
Course Students

by gokyada Wed May 11, 2011 6:49 pm

I took my exam today and miserably failed. I was scoring around 600 in mgmat tests. (Q 47, V27). In real I got 520 (Q 48 and V15). Just exhausted after Math. Any suggestions on what I need to do? I knew, I was not prepared well for verbal, but did not expect to be exhausted and score so bad. Atleast, around 27 would have been much better :-(