Discuss the pros and cons of individual programs, and their admissions criteria, with your peers here.
unclepunk

Baruch MBA

by unclepunk Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:51 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm looking towards applying for the Flex time MBA at Baruch starting in Fall '09. They're currently not taking applications yet and their deadline is May 31st of next year.

I've literally just started the studying process for the GMAT but am trying to properly pace myself.
I realize that it's not Harvard or Columbia, but I do love the fact that I can have my company pay for it 100% or worst case scenario, pay for it out of pocket since the tuition is reasonable.

Baruch says that their GMAT scores at lowest are in the mid 500's and the average is about 590.

My question is, when would I need to apply by and how far in advance should I apply to have a decent shot of getting in? I'm expecting a lot more people to be applying due to the bad economy. What score on the GMAT do you think I'd need to shoot for to have a reasonable chance of getting in, considering the economic downturn and many more people applying now?

by Guest Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:58 pm

I hear its rolling admission. Meaning, the faster you apply, faster you would get respinse and take a seat in their incoming class.

I would say get yourself ready for GMAT, take the exam, and once you are satisfied with your score, then apply as ASAP.

Get your recommendation letters now though. Those take forever for people to return.