The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
JiawenG272
Forum Guests

A mother beated GMAT & big big thanks to manhattan

by JiawenG272 Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:26 pm

Hello all,

I'd like to share my happiness with all of you about my first attempt of GMAT. I got 710 total with 51 in Maths, 33 in Verbal,5.5 in AWA and 5 in IR.

I am quite different from most part of you because i am a mother of a kid around one year old. And that is why i spent 5 months and half to prepare my test. The difficulties i have encountered are not that easily to be described here and not that easily to be caught by youngs. But I hope my example can encourage all the persons who are still fighting with G. Don't give it up! In chinese, there is a saying: You will only be a loser if you even don't want to try again.

As you see, I have full score in Maths. I won't rejecte the fact that generally chinese are good at maths, but you still need to be very carefully to read the questions and to be sure you did not skip any information(at least for me, i need to understand well what is GMAT ask me to solve). It is not very easy to hundred percent focus on all the details of the questions during the real test. So you need to practise a bit before you take the real one.

For the verbal part, I don't think I did it as well as i practised in GMATprep and MGMAT CAT. I was so nervous that I pushed myself to calm down for 2 or 3 minutes. And i think that is why i only got 5 minutes to deal with the last 4 questions. Maybe it is not a big deal for native people, but for me, it is not the case. I gave up two of those 4 questions and make sure i made the rest two right. I strongly recommanded everyone that don't think too much during the test. Don't spent your time on thinking whether I am still in the high-score database or I have already dropped out.... It is meaningless and only waste your time and your energy.

In the end, I would like to say thanks to RON and all other instructors in Manhattan. I will not score that high without your help, although i seldom posted on the forum. I wish all of you a good health and happy new year. (Christmas has already passed). Really thanks a lot!!

Sincerely

Jiawen