The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
raydwhite
Students

740 Q48 V44

by raydwhite Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:23 am

After several months of off and on again studying I finally got the courage to take the test. Turned out pretty good except for the fact that I couldn't fall asleep the night before :-( (mind was racing about the DS section lol) Maybe 4 hours total sleep. I felt as if I was going to fall asleep during the verb section. Anyway my only real advice is to not bother with the Kaplan study material, it practically useless... too many typos. I mostly used the Manhattan guides and the OG questions for prep, though I didn't diagram or anything on the CR and RC. Just wasn't worth the time for me. Anyway here are my scores....

GMATPrep #1: 740 Q49 V41 (Jan 15 11)
GMATPrep #2: 690 Q44 V40 (Feb 13 11)
Real GMAT: 740 Q48 V44 97% (Feb 17 11)

GMATPrep #2 was taken in the middle of the library with crazy people talking on cell phones and other distracting things. I thought it would be a good idea to take it in a distracting condition to simulate nervousness. I have no idea if that was a good idea or not but I guess it didn't hurt.