The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
tmmyc

730 (Q50, V40)

by tmmyc Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:28 am

I'm finally done. There was no secret to my score. I took months of self-study, and even went through two prep courses (Veritas Prep and Manhattan GMAT). If anyone is at all interested in these prep courses, I have actually written up a pretty comprehensive head-to-head analysis of the two. You can find it here:

http://tmmycgmat.blogspot.com/

If it is a bit long for your taste, you can scroll to the bottom for the summary, or to whatever section you find most relevant to your situation. Good luck everyone!
Professional_Yangster

Veritas

by Professional_Yangster Sat May 10, 2008 4:36 pm

Dude, I would be careful if I were you. I called Veritas for GMAT info and mentioned your blog, and they mentioned that they were "well aware" of your post, that it contains "multiple instances of libel," are are going to take "appropriate legal action"...
admin
Forum Guests

Wow

by admin Wed May 14, 2008 10:13 am

Now Veritas is ready to sue former students who post unfavorable online reviews? That would be a new low . . .
Maryann

Veritas was GREAT

by Maryann Wed May 14, 2008 2:48 pm

Hey there,

Just wanted to add to the convo. I took an intensive 7-day course with Veritas in NYC and I have no doubt that it was the reason why I aced the GMAT. And I mean aced it. I don't work for them but had a fantastic experience with them. The course was fantastic and the instructor was AWESOME. They are really worth checking out.

Maryann

Re: Veritas was GREAT

by Guest Fri May 16, 2008 11:52 am

Maryann Wrote:Hey there,

Just wanted to add to the convo. I took an intensive 7-day course with Veritas in NYC and I have no doubt that it was the reason why I aced the GMAT. And I mean aced it. I don't work for them but had a fantastic experience with them. The course was fantastic and the instructor was AWESOME. They are really worth checking out.

Maryann

So you had the class for about 6hrs per day as per this link http://www.veritasprep.com/gmat-preparation ?
And after that, when did you get the time to do the 15 practice test. Each takes 4 hrs, so another 60hrs
So a total of 102 hrs of prep in 7days! OUCH and WOW
How much did you score?
Did you take the free MGMAT practice test? Do Veritas provide the analysis tools in the practice test as Manhattan does?
tmmyc

by tmmyc Fri May 16, 2008 8:57 pm

Hey Maryann,

I'm glad you had a good experience with Veritas. I think the only thing in common in our GMAT prep was the usage of the Veritas strategy guides. Let me know if there is anything in my analysis regarding those strategy guides that I have not called out.

tmmyc
Maryann

Re: Veritas was GREAT

by Maryann Sun May 18, 2008 4:53 pm

Anonymous Wrote:
Maryann Wrote:Hey there,

Maryann

So you had the class for about 6hrs per day as per this link http://www.veritasprep.com/gmat-preparation ?
And after that, when did you get the time to do the 15 practice test. Each takes 4 hrs, so another 60hrs
So a total of 102 hrs of prep in 7days! OUCH and WOW
How much did you score?
Did you take the free MGMAT practice test? Do Veritas provide the analysis tools in the practice test as Manhattan does?

Hey there,

I got a 780 on the GMAT (Q51, V47). Before I took the Veritas class I did some self-prep and took one of GMAC's own practice tests and got a 670. I took four of Veritas' practice tests over the three weeks after the course (before I actually took the GMAT), and found that they accurately reflected the real test. I don't know what MGMAT's test offer (I'm not here to slam MGMAT at all, just to defend Veritas because they helped me crush the GMAT), but the Veritas practice exams really helped me diagnose my strengths and weaknesses.

by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:00 pm

I donot disagree with anyone. People can have good or bad experience on ondividual prep companies.

I took the free test of veritas and it sucked.
the Q section was especially horrible. they will have one chart and 3-4 questions continously on the same chart. I guess they are bringing RC in Q section.

Verbal section is OK.
djfknc

by djfknc Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:33 am

Yeah, I also took the free practice test of both Manhattan and Veritas. While it is true that neither reflect GMAT perfectly, Manhattan is much better. I did not like Veritas' Quantitative section at all. I scored all correct in it. In MGMAT, I scored 28/37. I also have a thinking that the Veritas one is non-adaptive while MGMAT's is. The best part for MGMAT is that you can see the difficulty levels of your questions.

Disclaimer: I dod not work for any prep company nor I have taken any of their courses.