The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
DennaMueller
Course Students

730 and Full Scholarship to UF - Thank you MGMAT

by DennaMueller Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:17 am

Thank you!!! The $1,000 investment in the online prep class had an astounding ROI for me. =) UF is giving me a free ride - all tuition and fees!

The prep books were really helpful and I wasn't sure the class would add anything or just repeat what I read in the books. Surprisingly the class offered tons of techniques that helped with the test.

I followed the suggested schedule almost exactly. I used all of the worksheets to record my progress and I used the online answer choices to record my answers. I found this extremely helpful in getting use to the test environment.

When I first received my score of 730 I was a little disappointed b/c my math score was low 69% (my verbal was 99%). I wanted a 760 so I could tutor. =) BUT I am so happy with my scholarship that I'm no longer worried about my low math score.

I know some people are wondering why I'm going to UF and not trying for a top school, but I want to stay in Florida so it is perfect for me. UF was the only school I applied to. =)

Good Luck to everyone taking the test. Oh - my scores started in the low 600's and by the last few weeks of the class I was in the high 600s from MGMAT and low 700s for the official practice test. I took a week off work before the test and studied like crazy but didn't take any more test once I was w/in a week of the real thing.

I also drove to the testing center before hand to eliminate stress. I took the full break and ate peanut butter & jelly to boost my energy.

My advice is to memorize the timing benchmarks. I rushed through the math with 15 minutes left over!
tomslawsky
Students

Re: 730 and Full Scholarship to UF - Thank you MGMAT

by tomslawsky Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:50 am

Go Gators! And Don't discount UF being a top MBA. It ain't top 20, but it's deep in the top 50 and the average GMAT score of the students is ~690-700, so your classmates will be brighter than they would be at many of the schools ranked 5,10 or more spots higher. That, in my opinion counts for a LOT! SEC football is a huge plus, too. Have fun with your group "meetings" at the swamp!