The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
lionKing1972

720- Q-49, V-38

by lionKing1972 Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:58 am

Hey All,

I got 720- Q-49, V-38. I am happy with my score. Sharing below my experience.. Hope this helps the ones in need.

1. Pattern recognition is the key - If you are able to recogniz, in few seconds, what the qn is trying to test, then you know the answer. During the real exam, i was able to easily recognize so many patterns.. and this helped me big..

OG is the bible. All the mgmat strategy guide exercises and workshops very closely mimic OG questions. Just do those qns over and over till you are able to easily recognize all those standard patterns in few seconds after reading qns. You SHOULDN'T during the real exam to figure out if a SC qn is testing "whether or not", "not only.. but also..", "missing of "that"", "subjunctive mood" etc.. I made notes of the all the patterns.. and attempted the same qns couple of times till I was able to easily recognize the patterns..

2. Timing - This is really important. Giving your 100% for the last qns is really important.. During my practice tests, I noticed that I was getting a lot of wrong between 29th and 41 qn on verbal because of lack of time. So I practiced under timed conditions to force myself to choose an answer in less than a minute.. I would mentally get ready to attempt 10 qns in 10 minutes.. This helped me a lot in real test. In fact I had almost a minute per qn for last 10 qns on verbal. But i did well.

If you are running short of material for RC, I would recommend official LSAT prep tests. Each test has 4 RCs. Each RC is atleast 50 lines long and is same as GMAT RC. I practiced about 20 of these tests and they really helped me to improve my RC skills.

Hope this helps. All the best.. If you have time, I would recommend practicing challenge qns provided by MGMAT. Just for fun. They will boost your confidence.
Hi

720- Q-49, V-38

by Hi Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:27 am

Bravo!!! Lionking....720 is really a great score

Can share with us about verbal section's difficulty level vis-a-vis that of GMAT Prep test, when did u face ur first RC

thanks in advance.

by Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:11 pm

I faced my finished all my RCs before 21st/22nd question. Got 4RC at 33 Qn. RC2 was lengthier than RC1. RC3 was lengthier than RC2. RC4 was shortest one..:). CR were typical of OG qns.