The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.

600!!!!

by guest Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:37 am

My first practice test score was 590, before I started studying - Q37/V34

CAT2 - Q40/V33 - 600
CAT3 - Q42/V38 - 660
CAT4 - Q47/V34 - 670
CAT5 - Q47/V37 - 690
GMATPrep - dont' remember break down but - 650
CAT6 - Q47/V36 - 680

Real GMAT
Q44/V28 - 600
AWA -6

ok, needless to say I'm very unhappy with this score. especially since 2-3months of studying was basically useless.

I feel like manhattan gmat's verbal portion is very different from the real thing. Because in the gmatprep that I took, my verbal score was much lower in comparison. The reading passages are very different and the critical reasoning was so much harder when coming from GMAC. In addition for those considering taking the class make sure that your teacher is proficient in both subjects and fluent in english. That was a large reason as well. I didnt have anyone to turn to for help with the verbal.

As far as next steps I am going to use the Kaplan book with the 6 CAT tests and totally relearn everything. I took Kaplan for SAT and did awesome. Overall I was dissatisfied with the class and some of the services. I wish there was a score guarantee.
mdinerstein
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by mdinerstein Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:32 pm

I'm sorry you didn't score as high as you had hoped. Did you take a ManhattanGMAT course? If so, you can apply for a free one-hour long post-exam assessment with one of our instructors by e-mailing studentservices@manhattangmat.com or calling us at 800-576-4628. This assessment can be particularly useful with regard to breaking down your performance on test day and planning for taking the test a second time in the future. If you haven't taken an official exam before this one, in fact, we highly recommend taking it again because many students' scores do go up with some real test experience under their belts.
Whatever you decide to choose, I hope to hear from you soon so we can figure out next steps.

Best,

Michael Dinerstein
Student Services Associate